I'm all about homemade and I'm all about simple food and let me tell you, it doesn't get any simpler than this.
These Cheesy Vegie Bites have only 4 ingredients and odds are you will ALWAYS have those ingredients in your kitchen at any moment in time. What's more, they are super quick to make (even faster if you have a food processor instead of having to hand grate). Make them for the lunchbox or as an after school tummy filler.
Swap the ingredients listed for other things, for example I LOVE peas and would add them but my kids don't have the same addiction to them that I do! Add some grated pumpkin or finely chopped broccoli. Whatever takes your fancy.
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and grated (squeeze out any excess moisture)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced) and grease a mini muffin pan.
- Whisk the egg and add to the grated carrot and potato. Season with salt & pepper.
- Spoon 1 tablespoonful of mixture into each hole, sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden and set.
What extra vegies would you use? Leave a comment below.