If you have bread and some parmesan cheese, you are well armed to make this delicious snack.
What's good about it is that the bread doesn't have to be 'baked that day fresh', so if you have some leftover slices in the cupboard that have lost that loving feeling, use them to create these rounds.
And if you think that the round shape is a little boring? Use a star cutter, or any other shape that takes your fancy. For that rustic look, you could even simply tear the bread into pieces.
- 10 slices white bread
- olive oil, for brushing
- 125g grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt to taste
- Using a 5cm round cutter, press out shapes from each slice of bread.
- Brush one side with olive oil and then place, oiled side up, on a baking paper lined oven tray.
- Sprinkle parmesan over shapes, covering well, then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in a hot oven, 200C, for 7-10 minutes.
Can be stored for 2 days in an airtight container or frozen for up to a month.