Seriously, these would have to be THE easiest biscuits to make. Prep time was literally 5 minutes (it took me longer than that to clean up!!) but the result was quite spectacular for such a simple recipe.
The texture was smooth and delicately crumbly. The flavour was divine....buttery and creamy with that sweet hint of custard.
This recipe will definitely be a well used one in our house.
- 250g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup pure icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup custard powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place butter, sugar and vanilla into a food processor. Process for 2 minutes or until well combined. Add flour and custard powder. Pulse until just combined, taking care not to over process or biscuits will not have a fine texture.
- Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture into small balls. Place onto prepared baking trays. Press with a floured fork to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until light golden. Allow to stand on trays for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.